Applicants should submit a complete application via the Slate application portal by January 1 for admission to the following fall semester. Detailed instructions are available at the Graduate & Professional Education Admissions website.
The following items must be uploaded to your online application:
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Objectives and Interests that answers the following questions (1–5 pages)
- What are your intellectual objectives and how will your proposed plan of graduate study relate to them?
- Within English studies, are there areas of special interest to you? Please explain.
- How will the resources at the University of Delaware (faculty and otherwise) help you to achieve your objectives and pursue you areas of interest?
- [Note: because special scholarships may be available for members of historically underrepresented groups in the humanities, including African and Asian-American students, first-generation college students, students with disabilities, and former members of the military, we encourage applicants who may be eligible for these awards to signal their eligibility in their statement.]
- Unofficial transcript of all college records
- GRE scores: General Test
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing Sample (10–20 pages)
- Applicants should have a BA or MA degree in hand before the beginning of the Fall term
- Students with an MA have reduced course requirements and receive 5 years of funding
- Application fee for entrance to the 2019-20 academic year is $75 US dollars
- Incoming students are subject to a criminal background check as per UD policy 4-111.
Specific questions about your application may be directed to Jessica Venturii or Graduate Admissions.