Skip to Main Content
Sign In


Image Picker for Section 0

Information about obtaining teaching certification can be found on the TeacherEd website.

UD students wishing to teach in states other than Delaware should research the certification requirements of the state/s of interest. Requirements between states are different, so we encourage you to locate the requirements for licensure from the individual states' websites such as the following: The Pennsylvania Department of EducationNew Jersey Licensure & CredentialsNew York State Education Department Certification, and Maryland State Department of Education Certification.


Post-Baccalaureate Certification

Students who have already completed an undergraduate degree and want to be certified to teach secondary English can apply to UD as a non-degree seeking student and take courses in the XEE major. Students who are interested in post-baccalaureate teacher certification should contact the program coordinator .


Page Settings and MetaData:
(Not Shown on the Page)
Page Settings
MetaData for Search Engine Optimization
  • Department of English
  • 203 Memorial Hall
  • Newark, DE 19716, USA
  • University of Delaware
  • Phone: 302-831-2361