All transfer credits taken before admittance to the University of Delaware must appear on your UD transcript before they will be evaluated by an academic department. The UD Registrar's Office posts the transfer credits. If you don't see the transfer credits on your UD transcript, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Composition Program does not "pre-approve" courses for ENGL110 transfer equivalency.
- Credit for ENGL110 cannot be gained from AP exams in English or through dual or concurrent enrollment.
Once you have confirmed that the transferred English coursework is on your UD transcript, you may petition for ENGL110 exemption review for transfer courses that are comparable to UD's ENGL110. To qualify for exemption, the course must be a rhetoric/writing and composition course studying primarily non-literary sources.
Request an ENGL110 Exemption Review
To request an ENGL110 transfer exemption review, you must complete an online application and upload supporting documentation. Before starting this process, be sure to have electronic versions of the items listed below readily available. Once you have these documents at hand, click on the link below to initiate the ENGL110 transfer exemption review request.
- Your unofficial UD transcript (PDF);
- Complete syllabus for the course you took (PDF);
- Course description from the course catalog (PDF); and
- A brief paragraph describing the course you are requesting to be reviewed, and explaining why you think the course is equivalent to UD's ENGL110.
Click here to initiate the online ENGL110 transfer review request.
Note: your request will NOT be processed if you do not enter all of the required information. Due to the large number of requests, please allow up to four weeks for a response.
If you have questions about the application form, please email: 110TransferExemption@udel.edu or