Skip to Main Content
Sign In
Visit Apply Give

Certification and Licensure

Image Picker for Section 0

Information about obtaining teaching certification, including a helpful booklet specifically for English Education majors, can be found on the website of the Office of Certification and Accreditation.

UD students wishing to teach in states other than Delaware should research the certification requirements of the state/s of interest. Requirements between states are different, so we encourage you to locate the requirements for licensure from the individual states' websites such as the following: The Pennsylvania Department of EducationNew Jersey Licensure & CredentialsNew York State Education Department Certification, and Maryland State Department of Education Certification.  You can also schedule a meeting with UD's Certification Officer (information linked on the website above).

Page Settings and MetaData:
(Not Shown on the Page)
Page Settings
Certification and Licensure
MetaData for Search Engine Optimization
Certification and Licensure
  • Department of English
  • 203 Memorial Hall
  • Newark, DE 19716, USA
  • University of Delaware
  • Phone: 302-831-2361